By Lansdowne Partnership
July 12th, 2017
Our guide to choosing the right agent.
The agent you choose could be the difference between maximising the price obtained for your property or indeed not achieving a sale at all!
Clients look for ways in which they can increase or add value to their properties. The most efficient way is to appoint an experienced estate agent.
The client needs to be comfortable with the agent they choose, have confidence in them and connect with them. Selling your home is major step and a very stressful time in anyone’s life and an excellent working relationship is very much a pre-requisite.
While this is a broad topic the following are the main points to be taken into consideration when making that choice:
- The agent that you meet at the initial valuation stage should also be the one to handle your viewings and negotiations. Having a senior agent sell your home or property is important.
- Has the agent experience in selling properties such as yours?
- An accomplished agent will assist in establishing a realistic price that will entice prospective buyers to view and ultimately to offer to purchase your property.
- Local knowledge is essential, so the agents needs to be familiar with the area.
- Consider your chosen agent’s previous sales and marketing material and consider their sales results.
- Marketing a property at the right price will ensure it sells well. Overvaluing a property will limit your audience and under valuing wastes time for interested parties. Getting the price right is instrumental to a successful sale. In order to achieve this, discuss the marketing strategy and agree it from the onset.
- Choosing a small or a large agency should not matter if the agent looking after your property is experienced, personable and gains your trust.
Experience Counts. With over 20 years behind our team of highly qualified, professional and experienced agents, we have the skill set, expertise and personable approach to bringing your property to the market .